ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a finance business analyst with an accounting background and in-depth financial systems functional knowledge to join Peloton’s Finance Transformation Team. In this role, you will collaborate with our Sales, Technology, Operations, PMO and Member Support teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your finance expertise and a process-centric mindset to key strategic projects and growth initiatives centered around our sales and after-sales processes. You will be a key member in designing and building processes that drive operation improvements and automation.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting and Finance stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and develop a deep understanding of Peloton’s financial processes, specifically around the global Order-to-Cash (“OTC”). Project focus will include increasing efficiency in business processes and business growth, specifically within inventory, revenue recognition, and collections. You will represent finance on cross-functional project teams, working closely with our Sales and Technology teams to implement creative, best-in-class solutions that will support new sales processes and partnerships, improve automation of existing financial processes, and ensure data integrity.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a proven ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a unique mix of financial accounting knowledge and knowledge of business processes and will use that knowledge to negotiate and drive alignment across the broader Finance and Accounting organization and cross functional partners.
We are looking for candidates who have held similar positions in public companies, or who have held functional lead level positions with a consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 2 or more years.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Serve as the Finance Business Analyst on Order to Cash related strategic initiatives and related system solution implementations, representing accounting, tax and treasury requirements and considerations throughout the end-to-end development, from design through deployment
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on order-to-cash financial processes, working to ensure that our systems automate proper billing, revenue recognition, payment reconciliation, and reporting.
- Collaborate and partner closely with internal stakeholders on the segment Accounting (Connected Fitness and Subscription revenue), Technical Accounting, Tax, AR and FP&A teams to ensure the design and functionality of our ERP solution (including integrated order-to-cash and service management systems) is driving value and efficiency for the organization.
- Review Functional Specification and design documents to ensure they meet business requirements
- Take an active role in testing for all in-flight projects and releases, build test scenarios, scripts and support end users with all testing phases; help to facilitate UAT with finance end users.
- Help with development of relevant training materials, business process flows and SOP’s and and support training delivery to relevant Accounting & Finance team members
- Make suggestions and drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical and operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and mitigations are put in place when required
- Develop strong working relationships with the Finance, IT, Acquisition Engineering, Sales, and Member Support teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Manage the partnerships deal portfolio for finance by collaborating with the technical and operational accounting teams on reviewing deal terms, driving the design forward based on the subsequent requirements, and outlining the process and identifying roles and responsibilities for each deal
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, Subject Matter Expert (“SME”), Process Designer, and Project Manager as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Continuously look to make improvements to our processes and system solution as it relates to our partnerships; spearhead enhancement projects and support strategic initiatives key to Peloton’s overall strategy
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Degree in accounting, business, computer science and/or related experience
- 2+ years experience of related experience in large companies
- Strong understanding of Accounting, Financial Reporting and General Ledger systems
- Knowledge of NetSuite and/or Oracle as it relates to navigating current legacy system would be a plus
- Has had exposure to operational accounting concepts, including intercompany transactions for multi-entity environment
- Has had exposure to manufacturing, supply chain, and inventory management processes and related accounting impacts
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and reporting challenges
- Proficient communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels and to understand and express complex technical and accounting concepts
- Worked in a fast paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.