ABOUT THE ROLE
Our e-commerce software engineers build engaging online shopping experiences to enable Peloton’s customers to find the right product to improve their physical and mental health. We work collaboratively with several departments throughout Peloton, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
We are looking for full-stack software engineers who are passionate about building features that delight users, strive for excellence in execution and delivery, are great teammates, and are self-motivated to continue learning and improving our software architecture.
You will cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce software while working on an agile team of Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, bug-free, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces as well as build, integrate and evolve key components of our platform.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Full-stack web application development with a variety of languages and technologies across our technical stack (see “Qualifications” for more details).
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability, and internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair/mob programming and leading whiteboarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our PMs, designers, product analysts, and our business partners in other departments.
- Ability to collaborate with both remote and in-person teams.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Strong product and technical mindset.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Good understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Proven experience with Python, React, Typescript, and GraphQL
- Testing Frameworks: React Testing Library, Python Testing
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Have excellent time-management skills.
- Have experience doing code reviews of coworkers’ contributions
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Familiarity with Kotlin.
- Have experience with microservices architecture and the backend-for-frontend pattern.
- Have experience integrating and deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card and payment related product operations.
- Are able to take a project from gathering requirements through actual execution and delivery.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business partners to better understand the problem space.
- Take the initiative to tackle problems.
- Have curiosity and a desire to continuously expand your skillset.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.