ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process. The mission of the Data Platform team is to democratize data and provide a cost-efficient, observable and reliable data platform that empowers and enables decentralized teams to accelerate their ability to safely use data to generate actionable insights and product features. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3) optimize for data productivity.
We are looking for a hands-on engineering leader to join our Data Platform team to manage and provide leadership around data infrastructure and data engineering. As a part of the Data Platform team, you will be working across a wide range of problems in the data ingestion, data compute, data transport, data orchestration, data interoperability, experimentation and data privacy areas. As a people leader you will be responsible for career development and growth of your engineers ensuring that they are motivated in doing their best work in line with their interests.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Be a technical leader to help adopt and evangelize data mesh principles and event-driven architecture across decentralized product teams and promote the principle of data as a product.
- Represent the data platform team where deep knowledge of our data stack is needed - multi-functional work streams, Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs) and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Partner with internal engineering teams to understand their data needs and help create tools and automation that helps them derive value from their data.
- Inspire a balanced, collaborative, and empathetic engineering culture in line with Peloton’s values helping your team develop and grow along the engineering journey at Peloton.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for assessment and improvements.
- Mentor engineers across the engineering team to build a data culture.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 6+ years of experience in engineering, either in data infrastructure and/or data engineering.
- Prior experience managing and growing teams and you enjoy working with people.
- Experience in a cloud environment like AWS and familiarity with tools like Kubernetes, Kafka, Airflow, Glue, Athena and Data Lake Formation.
- Experience with Python or Scala and experience working on large distributed systems and frameworks like Spark/ Flink.
- Passionate about event-driven architecture, microservices, experimentation, data reliability, data privacy, and quality.
- Are pragmatic balancing short-term needs with long-term needs without compromising on software quality and standards and operational excellence.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.