ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an innovative Staff Solutions Architect to review, develop and enhance a systems architecture that will meet Peloton’s business needs. The responsibilities will include gathering requirements and functional specifications, evaluating current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, understanding data flows and overseeing development teams.
The systems estate is a mixture of in-house built applications and 3rd party products. Most systems are hosted on AWS, both internally and externally managed.
A successful Staff Solutions Architect will be able to integrate updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Owns the solutions architecture vision, strategy and roadmap from a technology and data perspective including 'as-is', 'to-be' and transitional states
- Establishes and champions the enactment of architectural principles, policies and standards
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes as needed to the architecture
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have and informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented and offering solutions and mitigations
- Comprehensive knowledge of information technology with an extensive understanding of application development technologies and methodologies
- To understand Peloton’s end to end workflow as it relates to content (functionality, data, video); to propose enhancements and changes that align to industry standards and deliver efficiencies
- Providing supervision and guidance to development and engineers teams
- To advocate technology and champion the adoption of new products, new development standards and techniques and industry standard approaches to solutions architecture
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 10+ years of backend software lead/architect experience, with 5 years of experience architecting and shipping software at scale
- Significant experience in several of the following domains: SOA/microservices and event-driven architectures, databases, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up, including various data regulatory, compliance considerations
- To have exposure of (and ideally) significant experience working with media / content flows such as asset management, broadcast/content metadata flows and be familiar with a number of products in the broadcast/content industry
- Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and leveling up teams including leading teams that are not part of the reporting line
- Significant experience of the AWS platform including managing video at scale
- A passion for software architecture and motivation to stay current with the latest frameworks
- Knowledge of coding/debugging abilities
- Comfortable working with cloud services and infrastructure (those aside from AWS).
- Possess an agile mindset and embrace iterative design
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.