Platform Reliability Engineer, Traffic Foundation
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, the Platform organization builds products that enable teams to build and deploy applications more quickly, enabling our engineers to maximize attention on new features and capabilities. Using both quantitative and qualitative feedback from engineers across the organization, we build tools and services that solve problems for the teams building the software that create the best outcomes for our members.
The Traffic Foundation group provides application delivery controllers for all request layers running in Peloton's infrastructure. We sit at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and regularly work across multiple teams on matters of end-to-end scalability, stability, observability, and deployability. Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make an impact not just within your team but the engineering organization as a whole.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Continuously improve network infrastructure and traffic management solutions to enhance application response times and user experience.
- Design and implement traffic management components that guarantee high availability, fault tolerance, and minimal downtime.
- Support the organization's growth and changing needs by designing scalable traffic management solutions that adapt to new technologies and requirements.
- Ensure a secure traffic management ecosystem by implementing best practices and adhering to industry standards and regulations.
- Provide comprehensive network traffic insights to drive informed decision-making, optimizations, and proactive issue resolution.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Experience writing and deploying applications to a production environment on kubernetes with one or more languages like Golang, Python, Typescript, Rust (bonus!), etc.
- Experience operating and owning an API Gateway, Service Mesh OR GraphQL Gateway solution (eg: Kong, Istio, Apollo Router) in a production environment on kubernetes
- Strong background in backend infrastructure, distributed systems, and performance analysis
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and testability
- Strong experience with developing and deploying code in containerized environments
- Experience with delivering solutions on AWS or other public cloud platforms
- BONUS: Previous experience working on teams that owned and managed application delivery controllers in a kubernetes environment.
- BONUS : Previous experience working with ingress security / WAF solutions (like Cloudflare)
Base Salary: $136,300.00 to $177,000.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.