Industrial Designer IIII
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity to join the Industrial Design team for an industry-leading portfolio of commercial fitness equipment. You will drive the functional, aesthetic, and user experience aspects of our cardio, strength, and console equipment. In this role, you will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, outside vendors, and key business stakeholders to develop new products and features.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have advanced knowledge of the product development process and are expert in at least one industry or area of design
- You’re an effective communicator and take pride in giving and receiving feedback to ensure success on your projects and across the team
- Consistently use good judgment to navigate ambiguity, identify opportunities, and solve a variety of complex problems.
- You support the team by sharing your knowledge and expertise and helping junior team members grow across multiple dimensions
- Inspire peers and adjacent teams through creative thinking, exploration, and problem solving
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PRECOR
- Lead the industrial design for complex projects through every stage of product development (from research and early concept exploration, to product DFM and launch)
- Use your expertise and insights to make design decisions at your own discretion
- Troubleshoot design concepts in collaboration with EE and ME teams to resolve issues and meet technical constraints
- Organize and carry out brainstorming sessions with other designers, technical staff, product management, and UX team members
- Create of proof-of-concept prototypes and artwork
- Use your understanding of materials and manufacturing processes to troubleshoot technical issues throughout development and maintain design intent
- Create production-ready 2D drawings, 3D CAD, CMF, and spec documentation for handoff to engineering and outside vendors
- Reviewing vendor samples and pre-production parts for mass production approval
- Switching between solo and collaborative working environments to meet scheduled milestones
- Contribute to defining and advancing Precor’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Mentor junior designers, leading by example and setting a benchmark for quality
- Collaborate with teammates, external partners, and leaders to share information and best practices
YOU BRING TO PRECOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 8+ years of experience in a design role
- 3+ years of experience in commercial equipment
- Proficiency in Solidworks, Adobe CC, Keyshot, Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with foreign manufacturing and supply partners to bring products to market
- Management experience
- Fitness industry experience
- Personal interest in wellness or fitness
- Competency in Blender, Rhino/Grasshopper, Gravity Sketch
- Familiarity with interaction design prototyping tools like XD or Figma
Base Salary: $131,750.00 to $178,250.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our Woodinville, WA headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.