ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Product Designer to create intuitive and beautiful experiences across our Connected Fitness products (Guide, Bike, Bike+, Tread, Row). Our Product Designers are dedicated to bringing clarity and simplicity to interfaces with complex functionality. They approach problems with an agile mentality and rapidly iterate on both the UX and UI of the projects. Successful candidates are self-motivated, strategic, highly collaborative, proactive project owners, readily open to feedback and critique. They value the success of the team over their individual progress, and take ownership of delivering outcomes.
Note: Please ensure you include a link to a live portfolio or a downloadable PDF of work samples in your application. It’ll be our first introduction to your product design experience and visual/interaction design skills.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Create user-centered design solutions for complex features across our connected fitness portfolio.
- Develop concepts, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect deliverables based on stakeholder requirements.
- Design intuitive, innovative, and polished UI that is consistent with the brand and product’s existing UI.
- Become well-versed in the design system libraries, knowing when to leverage or build upon existing components.
- Help maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the broader Product Design Team to ensure visual consistency.
- Collaborate closely with design leads, content designers, product managers, and engineering partners to fulfill the overall product vision.
- Gather and leverage user insights and data to inform UX/UI decisions.
- Develop multiple concepts and iterate quickly based on feedback from peers, stakeholders, and user testing.
- Capture and clearly document all states, edge-cases, and path logic for engineering teams.
- Design with engineering implementation and cross-platform consistency in mind.
- Work closely with engineers to QA features, providing detailed feedback to ensure UX and visual accuracy.
- Participate in discovery sessions to uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Maintain a deep investment in ensuring our customers have the best possible experience while achieving their fitness goals.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years of product design experience for consumer-facing technology.
- Dedicated to improving how users move through experiences to accomplish their goals.
- Have experience bringing features to life from conception to production in a compressed time frame.
- Comfortable working with ambiguous requirements and can quickly adapt to changing directions.
- Ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems.
- Expertise in interaction design fundamentals and UI design best practices.
- Experience prototyping UI interactivity and incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Familiarity with design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross-functional platforms.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms.
- Familiarity with agile software development.
- Low ego approach and highly collaborative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Figma, Principle, or other design and prototyping tools.
Base Salary: $136,300 - $177,300
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.