ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A phenomenal platform unlocks speed of development and learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to maximize attention on new features and capabilities. A key to crafting a phenomenal platform is data-driven insights and understanding where we should focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members. Platform at Peloton is a force-multiplier that enables Peloton to move faster and scale safely with minimal effort. Core to this mission is creation of the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology. We work across an incredible range of technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, and machine learning. We get to apply these to create a platform of products loved by millions of customers all over the world.
Peloton is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a content and music operations focus to work with teams across the Content Business Solutions Group to help build and maintain a monitorable, performant, reliable, and highly-scalable deployment platform. We are a growing team of engineers tackling exciting problems to handle thousands of nodes and pods spread across many deployments.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Automatic, fast auto scaling for music ingestion and media asset management
- Host a critical infrastructure that ensures that our developers have the best experience possible on hundreds of pods across multiple clusters
- Provide a platform for machine learning (and other exciting workloads) Allow developers to move quickly and experiment, without getting in the way
- Promote standard methodologies for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as domain expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks.
- Conduct timely post-mortems of infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- We work with Amazon Web Services, C#, Python, Nginx, Jenkins, and Terraform and more
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Experience maintaining scalable and stable Kubernetes clusters.
- Knowledge of best practices when it comes to the observability and monitoring required of running Kubernetes at scale.
- Knowledge of standard processes in regards to securing a Kubernetes cluster and its deployments at scale
- A passion for helping development teams make the transition to a container-native world
- Experience with CI/CD Systems such as for example: Jenkins, ArgoCD, Harness, Tekton, etc.
- Experience deployment infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code utilities such as Terraform or Pulumi
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Golang, Java, C#, etc.
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.