Staff Technical Program Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a motivated and data-centric Staff Technical Program Manager experienced in executing complex technical programs in the data platform and tooling domain. This individual will work with Data Platform and Datastores teams to ensure our solutions meet the needs of our partners and accelerate the adoption of the modern data infrastructure and tools. As a senior member of our Technical Program Management team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact, not just at the data initiative level, but across our Software Development organization as a whole.
The Platform organization at Peloton aims to deliver best in class innovative tooling and infrastructure for Peloton software engineers, enabling them to build our award winning Peloton Products (including Bike, Tread, Row, and Guide) with higher quality and less toil.
At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process which enables us to build and improve Peloton’s award winning products and content for our members. The mission of the Data Platform team is to democratize data and provide a cost-efficient, observable and reliable data platform that empowers decentralized teams to accelerate their ability to safely use data to generate actionable insights and product features. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3) optimize for data productivity.
Some of the interesting challenges the Data Platform team is working on are: How do we build a golden pipeline and framework for teams to ingest and expose their data to other teams? How do we categorize and certify a golden dataset as meeting the quality standards? How do we ensure that PII datasets meet compliance requirements?
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Develop and manage end-to-end technical program execution and ensure on-time delivery
- Ensure alignment and buy-in from leadership and collaborators to enable the team to execute
- Regular reporting on program status, identifying dependencies and developing risk mitigation strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to gather requirements, and work with engineering teams to define, evaluate, and prioritize program dependencies, scope, and implementation plans
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Analytics teams to define OKRs, portfolios/roadmaps, and long-term strategies for the teams that you are working with
- Coordinate across team lines to manage, track and deliver outcomes for our teams while evaluating and managing trade-offs
- Lead process improvements, implement best practices, and define success metrics to track the impact of our work
- Help lead engineering decisions to align with the team initiatives
- Promote self-organized teams that lead continuous improvement to our systems and service reliability while aligning with Agile best practices
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of technical program management
- Passionate about data domain: data democratization, data reliability, data privacy, data quality
- Experience in Agile methodologies, including managing execution, backlogs, end-to-end program plans and with Agile Software, lean methodology, and JIRA
- Confidence in driving programs and teams through periods of ambiguity
- Effective collaboration with leadership, including at the executive level
- Experience in strategic planning and portfolio management across teams
- Experience in defining, implementing, and mentoring others in Program Management methodologies and tactics
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of your organization’s tech stack, which you have used to proactively identify dependencies and risks as well as mitigation strategies
- Subject matter expertise in data platforms, data engineering, or data stores
- Passionate about better improving developer experience
- Hands-on experience with cloud environment like AWS and familiarity with tools like Kubernetes, Kafka, Airflow, Glue, Athena and Data Lake Formation
- Hands-on experience with Python or SQL
- Experience modernizing and refactoring legacy systems
Base Salary: $213,300.00 - $277,300.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.