Strategic Operations and Planning Leader
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Strategic Operations and Planning Leader, you will be responsible for driving business operational processes and critical programs for the product engineering team at Peloton. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Software Operations, you will drive the operational and planning processes for Product Engineering, this will include: headcount planning, budget, hiring and resource allocation. In addition, you will understand the strategic direction of the organization, and will be added to the most critical initiatives of product engineering, and be an integral member of the engineering leadership team.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Collaborate with business partners, product engineering leaders, and a variety of functional partners to identify and prioritize strategic roadmaps
- Build and own team budget, and forecast process and manage the finances with the FP&A team and with engineering leaders
- Partner with the technology leaders as a sounding board to stress-test new ideas, programs, and resource capacity planning
- Improve existing processes and develop new mechanisms to scale the way we plan and deliver for product engineering as we grow the company
- Manage and drive operational initiatives across the business by keeping the organization on track
- Partner with the Technical PMO organization to validate resources and capacity planning inputs and outputs
- Act as a thought partner and extension of the product engineering team
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years experience managing the budgeting, resource planning, and reconciliation processes for large organizations
- 8+ years in software engineering or technical program management
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with modern productivity tools critical (O365, Google Docs, Confluence, etc)
- Strong database, spreadsheet, and reporting skills are also a must (pivot tables, MS Access, Tableau, and similar)
- Education and/or equivalent work experience in financial business analysis or Finance
Base Salary: $213,300.00 to $277,300.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.