System Performance Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a System Performance Engineer responsible for across-the-stack embedded system performance analysis and optimization, with experience in embedded software on Linux or Android. The System Performance Engineer will have a good understanding of Real time operating system (RTOS), mobile SoC architectures, heterogeneous computing, system performance and application performance monitoring (APM) tools and bottleneck analysis methodologies, and will be comfortable with working cross-functionally with different teams.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work with Software and Systems teams to optimize resource usage in areas like compute, bandwidth, storage, etc.
- Work on various application domains such as Machine Learning, Audio/Image processing, Sensoring, Computer Vision, Gaming etc.
- System performance profiling and analysis to uncover and address performance bottlenecks.
- Build tools and automation for performance measurements and analysis of SW products and features.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 1+ years of system software/engineering/performance analysis experience with embedded systems.
- Expertise on Python and other script language programming skills such as Bash shell scripting etc.
- 1+ years of experience in shipping consumer devices and/or mobile SoCs.
- Basic Android and/or iOS application development experience.
- Basic Linux OS knowledge and familiar with its shell command line.
- Experience with SoC and/or Android profiling and tracing tools, APM tools.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with compute offloads to GPU, DSPs, etc.
- Experience with machine learning (Computer Vision or Automatic Speech Recognition), multimedia, gaming pipeline design etc.
- Knowledge on cloud storage/computing and data analysis skills
Base Salary: $81,800.00 to $106,400.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.