- Staff and manage a team of engineers that will responsible for developing and enhancing the application software running on Peloton equipment
- Empower and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross-discipline team members from Product, Program Management, and UX/UI to deliver against strategic initiatives Establish team level performance indicators to measure efficiency of the team's output and impact to customer engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Enable and sustain the culture of open communication and collaboration across the Product Software Cardio organization
- 8+ years of software development experience, with some experience in native Android development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed Android applications commercially into production
- 2+ years of leadership experience in technology management
- Strength with Kotlin for code reviews and making technical decisions
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individuals to improve team effectiveness; guide individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Experience hiring versatile engineers at different levels
Base Salary: $172,100.00 to $223,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.