Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Deployment (Edge AI)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The AI/CV team is working on powering products that incorporate computer vision into the fitness domain. We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Deployment focused on Deep Learning/Computer Vision. The role will involve working closely with ML and Systems Engineers to ensure the success of ML applications on device, defining processes for packaging and deploying ML projects, and guiding the team on best practices for managing multi-dependency modules.
- Own the deployment loop between research-driven AI models and their use in edge environments, with a heavy focus on performance and efficiency running on embedded, resource constrained hardware.
- Collaborate and work closely with engineers to translate and deploy new AI/ML solutions for connected fitness devices.
- Be the voice in the room that guides development work by ensuring work being done by the team is deployable in an end to end system.
- Ensure model performance remains within expected bounds when promoting experimental models to production.
- Specifically, you may encounter projects focused on: Temporal modeling, Object Detection, Segmentation, Perception, Multi-modal and Ensembling
- 2-5+ years of hands-on, real-world experience with one or more of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Experience with Qualcomm SNPE, Tensorflow Lite, CoreML or other similar Edge Inference/NN Acceleration frameworks.
- Experience with deploying AI models on the edge, including Model Compression techniques such as Quantization, Pruning, Distillation
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python, and ML frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Ability to quickly translate research work into high-quality production code with a strong sense of good system design.
- Comfortable working with large image and video datasets.
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment and git
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Experience with one or more of:
- Experience developing software for consumer products on Mobile SoCs, within the Android NDK framework and/or using CoreML for iOS.
- Experience with compute offloads to GPU, DSPs, etc.
- Experience with profiling and tracing tools.
- Experience developing Deep Learning models, especially for Detection, Tracking, Sequential modeling, Transformers and Few-Shot Learning tasks.
- Experience with Objective-c, Swift
Base Salary: $199,200.00 to $258,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.