Software Engineer in Test, Monolith Stability
ABOUT THE ROLE
Platform Engineering builds the technologies, tools, and services that enable engineers across Peloton to build faster and scale safely, with minimal effort. By improving developer velocity and simplifying the ability for our engineers to scale in a safe and performant manner, we enable engineers to innovate faster, accelerating Peloton's mission to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test with expertise in building automated end to end testing frameworks in python . You will have the opportunity to help ensure the stability of a large and complex system that is currently powering a very large portion of Peloton’s backend systems. In addition, you will work with teams to ensure that migration paths off of the monolith can be pursued safely thanks to the tests and assertions you add to the system. Finally, you will work with engineers across the entire organization to help foster a culture of test automation and end to end validation of features (from an API / backend perspective).
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work with engineers + teams across the organization to understand test automation coverage, build, implement, maintain and improve testing approaches for our backend APIs and ensure appropriate coverage across integration and E2E tests
- Help in driving adoption of standard methodologies in testing and in maintainability, especially when it comes to testing touch points between microservices
- Provide technical testing as well as your user mentality expertise from project inception
- Help the team to develop rich test ideas, scenarios and experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under test (well above and beyond positive, negative and edge cases)
- Be an integral part of the agile development workflow and an advocate for testing and code quality across the engineering teams who contribute to the monolith
- Take part in standups, sprint planning, backlog refinement and long-term planning for testing hygiene
- Play a key role in measuring and ensuring the rate of regressions introduced to our API systems are minimized
Who You Are
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with test automation tools for backend integration and E2E testing
- Proficient in Python and aware of tooling and best practices with respect to testing methodologies in the python ecosystem
- Proven understanding of Git workflow
- Experience in architecting and implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for sophisticated back end systems
- Experience collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios, by pairing and coaching on testing best practices
- The ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently and capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with API (monolith and service architecture) testing, contract testing, and Visual testing
- Solid understanding and/or some experience with cloud infrastructure tooling and best practices
Base Salary: $122,700.00 to $159,600.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.