ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a hands-on Director to oversee and transform our Final mile white glove delivery network throughout North America (US and Canada). This position requires a strong knowledge of delivery, final mile solutions and a deep passion for driving quality for our members. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of key performance indicators directly related to member satisfaction, cost per delivery, inventory accuracy, and capacity planning. In addition to strategic skills and agility, this leader must have specific knowledge and experience in the supplier base and how to drive performance of 3rd parties.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Establish department goals and organize workforce to accomplish results within budget and on schedule.
- Build financially sound, executable, data-driven business strategies and solutions, which improve operating performance.
- Responsible for managing external relationships and effectively communicating with third party service providers on all aspects of the program to include program execution, IT interface, customer service, risk management and sales growth.
- As this is a high visibility role, partner with internal teams at Peloton, on both delivery capacity and warehouse capacity in the middle mile and final mile operations. Also, the role requires collaboration with the IT, manufacturing and refurb teams.
- Be the company expert for industry trends, technology and macros, tailwinds, headwinds and competitive positioning and maneuvers affecting business as it relates to inventory, distribution, efficiency, warehousing and final mile functions.
- Drive operational excellence, delivering quality and cost effective solutions that exceed member expectations.
- Fully responsible for all “Final Mile” logistics functions (from last mile delivery hubs to people’s homes across North America).
- Champion all aspects of a great "Final Mile" experience, from scheduling delivery to the in-home experience.
- Build a top performing operational team and instill a culture of accountability, results and flexibility in order to meet/exceed customer fulfillment expectations.
- Support cultural improvements that are sustainable and employee relations driven.
- Assure compliance with all safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Expected Travel >75%
- Remote ok
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Proven track record in execution of warehouse final mile operations
- Deep knowledge of supply chain with functional depth in North America final mile service offerings (including in house and 3rd party), middle mile and multi-site warehouse operations in a complex environment
- 10+ years leading Final Mile Operations
- 7+ years managing or working in 3rd party Final Mile operations
- Proven track record of creating and driving best in class final mile processes and key performance indicators that will result in a LEAN focused organization, with the goal of the “Perfect Delivery,” cost savings & efficiency gains
- Experience leading strategic partnerships with various internal departments, 3rd Party providers, IT, operations center, manufacturing and refurb teams
- Experienced in planning, budgeting and forecasting process, monitor financial performance through key indicators and achieve maximum results with budgeted resources
- WMS and/or Order Management System and other related technology
- Experience in developing and driving supply chain strategy
- Improve operational efficiencies by driving implementation of competitive, breakthrough solutions including new technologies and vendor-provided services
- Leadership role of large teams and multisite operations
- Experience working in a logistics/transportation and warehouse/fulfillment center environments
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth, start-up like environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering or related fields
- MBA or other advanced degree
- The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Results Orientation : They consistently improve results in challenging business environments. Track record will be demonstrated through clearly identifiable metrics and a natural orientation towards measurements, numbers and accountability. The individual will have transformed the logistics and transportation portions of a supply chain in ways to meet increasingly challenging future business needs
- Collaboration & Influencing : Has demonstrated ability to develop effective internal and external relationships across divisional and geographic boundaries in pursuit of company goals, including the ability to manage global teams, driving bench strength and accountability both for one’s self and across teams. Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes, using effective communication skills and change management practices.
- Strategic Orientation : Illustrates capability as an analytical problem solver and business partner. Effectively finds opportunities for applying innovation and creativity in improving operations, while seeking opportunities to grow the business long-term. Thinks beyond the transaction to building out a strategic supply chain with long term partners whose goals and objectives are aligned with the company’s. Develops a state of-the-art function, using best practices to enable a lasting competitive advantage.
- Team Leadership : Engages resources to establish commitment and empowers individuals in building high-performance teams. Has a strong self-awareness; open to giving and receiving feedback on performance, management and relationship building skills. They will have had success working with diverse teams in different environments, as well as in using the strengths of the team members to deliver superior results.
Base Salary: $192,200.00 to $248,700.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.