Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Security
ABOUT THE ROLE
Platform Engineering creates the technologies, tools, and services that enable engineers across Peloton to build faster and scale safely, with minimal effort. By maximizing developer velocity and simplifying the ability for our engineers to scale in a safe and performant manner, we enable engineers to innovate faster, accelerating Peloton's mission to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Security with strong technical ability + infrastructure expertise to help us identify, troubleshoot and remediate critical infrastructure security vulnerabilities. Peloton’s services run on a myriad of cloud + open source technologies such as Kubernetes, postgres, redis, dynamodb and nginx (to name a few). In this role, you will have the opportunity to harden our security best practices and defenses. Also, you will collaborate closely with your teammates - a group of experienced and talented Site Reliability Engineers to promote and nurture an engineering culture that keeps trust and safety in mind when architecting new services that power the features our members love.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Scrutinize and improve infrastructure, user tooling, and systems to ensure the safety and security of our members’ personal information and workout data.
- Experienced in building tools for our development teams, improving the security and integrity of our systems and enabling engineers to easily lean in to best practices as related to protecting sensitive data.
- Experienced as a software engineer or security professional who has worked broadly with a large number of stakeholders across the organization to impactful functionality with a strong bias for action
- Collaborate very closely with our InfoSec department to identify, prioritize and ship fixes and features that progressively improve our security posture and reduce the risk of incidents over time.
- Lead security incident post mortems and retrospectives; always look towards applying data and observability to continually improve our ability to identify and mitigate potential security threats quickly.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5 + years of experience working as a security engineer or in a role with a strong focus towards infrastructure + API security best practices.
- Hands-on experience managing security incidents.
- Hands-on experience in setting up threat detections processes (automated or behavioral)
- Prior professional experience securing cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS.
- Prior experience in handling common attack vectors such as how to detect and mitigate them.
- Prior professional experience conducting forensic investigations of Linux hosts.
- Experience working on large, complex projects with product teams.
- The ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently and capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Experience auditing and securing systems at various locations in the stack (eg the network layer)
Base Salary: $199,200.00 to $258,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.