ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team is responsible for the software that powers our Android mobile, TV, and WearOS experiences at Peloton. The Android App team supports our applications across the Google Play and Amazon storefronts with 1M+ downloads. The team builds and maintains core features that drive growth and creates new, innovative features to keep our users highly engaged.
We are looking for a Staff Android Engineer with a strong technical background, experience leading engineering teams, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software. As a Staff Android Engineer, you’ll be heavily involved in the architecture of new features on our mobile, TV, and Watch platforms and driving team standards around performance, observability, and modern Android development best practices.
At Peloton, we have a large community of Android developers working on applications that run on our Connected Fitness hardware. You’ll get the opportunity to collaborate with Android engineers across both the mobile and Connected Fitness Android teams to drive architecture forward for things like broad adoption of Jetpack Compose in the codebase.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Architect, develop, and deploy features with end-to-end ownership
- Drive team standards around performance, observability, and modern software architecture
- Partner with external partners to drive new technology explorations and early access development
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the team
- Help drive the cross-team adoption of Jetpack Compose across numerous Android surfaces
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers
- Develop and design standards to improve development processes
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 8+ years of Android development experience
- Experience with modern application architectures (MVVM, MVI, etc)
- Mastery in Kotlin/Java (experience with Coroutines a plus)
- Experience with automated mobile build / release pipelines like Gradle and GitHub Actions
- Experience technically leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- Ability to effectively translate Product and Design requirements into scalable code implementations
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge around performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.