ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton are looking for a UK-qualified lawyer to join their team. As Employment Counsel & Team Member Relations Manager you will be the primary point of contact for the legal and team member relations teams. You will advise on a wide variety of matters, consistent with our Peloton core values and objectives.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Provide legal advice on employment issues across EMEA and Australia
- Be the primary point of contact for the international people team and other stakeholders on a broad spectrum of employment law matters in EMEA, and Australia
- Serve as the central, specialist resource for the people operations team, supporting all employee relations activity (including disciplinary procedures, performance management, grievances, mediation, absence, appeals, flexible working and any other associated activity)
- Serve as the escalation point for high risk/complex employee relations cases
- Draft and maintain template documents and procedures for employment matters that arise in EMEA, and Australia
- Draft, review and negotiate employment-related agreements (including recruitment contracts, IR35 contracts, and settlement agreements)
- Provide support on change management and consultation procedures (including business changes, redundancies and restructures)
- Manage EMEA, and Australia employment-related disputes and litigation matters
- Keep current on developments in UK, EMEA, and Australia employment law
- Maintain positive relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Provide training/updates across the business as needed
- Law experience at a UK law firm or in-house role
- Extensive UK employment law counselling experience
- Solid understanding of all aspects of UK employment law (additional EMEA/multi-jurisdictional employment law experience is a plus)
- Significant experience navigating and advising on complex ER matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong eye for business and a creative problem solver
- An independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player
- Superb organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing business
- Experience in supporting a broad and varied team member base
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.