Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Developer Experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Developer Experience team. Your team is responsible for designing the next generation continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) platforms at Peloton. We’re looking for experienced engineers with interest in developing, maintaining, and owning a reliable and extensible CI/CD platform that can handle thousands of daily builds and deployment. You will directly guide and influence a rapidly-growing engineering community to adopt next generation CI/CD platforms at Peloton.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining developer infrastructure and tooling that enables every Peloton engineer to quickly and reliably deliver products. You will improve and automate our self-service infrastructure tools to enable engineers to rapidly build and ship code and infrastructure. You will engage with peers and internal customers to understand how to speed and optimize CI/CD across the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. You will work with the latest open source technology, and may make contributions of your own to open source projects.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Be a technical leader within your team, influencing and driving technical investments across partner teams with a "Platform Thinking" mindset. Help others in design, sequencing, execution, and problem solving.
- Architect, develop, test, release, and support CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle, and Artifactory.
- Adhere to best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology.
- Evaluate developer platform designs, technical decisions, and code to ensure all are high quality, efficient, and well documented.
- Assist in planning, execution and updating of technical roadmaps.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering, with a solid understanding of developer experience tools and infrastructure. You can design and operate large, distributed systems. We use Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle Enterprise, Gerritt and Artifactory to support our engineering customers, and knowledge of how these work will be immensely helpful in this role.
- You have direct experience in a cloud environment like AWS, and familiarity with running containerized services. We use Kubernetes to orchestrate and scale, and knowing how it works will be invaluable.
- You have demonstrated experience and expertise with a high-level programming language. Our engineers use Kotlin, Python for the bulk of their work - having a working knowledge of those languages will provide invaluable insights into our Team Member’s experience using our tools.
- You are focused on improving the developer experience. You have been an engineer long enough to have a few different experiences and opinions, and bring those with you to help your customers.
- You are pragmatic, and understand all engineering is tradeoffs. You know where and how to compromise.
Base Salary: $199,200.00 - $258,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.