International Tax Associate
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton Tax Team is looking for a skilled tax associate to join our in-house tax team. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team, you will help mitigate tax risks and maximize tax opportunities by leveraging your tax experience and through collaboration with business stakeholders. The Associate role is located out of our New York HQ; however, we will also consider candidates located out of the UK for this position.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in international indirect (VAT/GST) tax compliance for EMEA and APAC territories. Ideally, the candidate will have experience supporting local country indirect tax compliance, familiarity with tax technology tools, and have exposure to transfer pricing principals. This position will report to the Senior Manager, International Tax and support indirect compliance for Peloton’s foreign entities. This position will also support transfer pricing reporting obligations and help on international tax planning initiatives.
The Peloton Tax Team strives to be a best-in-class team that provides our business stakeholders with top tier tax support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a creative problem solver, attentive to detail, highly organized and a critical thinker. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment, someone who consistently exceeds expectations and is eager to learn.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting international indirect tax compliance workstreams, reconciliation workstreams, planning projects, preparing audit ready documentation, and helping support tax requirements for intercompany transactions. The candidate should stay current on VAT/GST reporting obligations, as well as local country legislative and administrative developments. Day-to-day workstreams may include:
- Preparation of VAT/GST workpapers
- Prepare indirect (VAT/GST) tax compliance filings for EMEA and APAC regions
- Identify and document VAT/GST compliance issues
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations
- Support international tax planning
- Support country-by-country filings and documentation
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related fields
- Minimum 2 years working in the corporate tax function at a publicly traded company and/or tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients
- CPA (earned or in progress is preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (Vlookups, filtering, pivot tables, conditional formatting)
- Self-motivated with a desire to implement process improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with other teams at Peloton
Base Salary: $81,800.00 to $106,400.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.