Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a senior engineer on a team focused on creating and expanding Peloton’s web presence by engaging customers through dynamic content. As owners of the product, we obsess over the customer. Market research, user research, A/B testing, data analysis, et al, all inform product and new development, crafting eCommerce experiences that can be utilized across inside sales, retail, and marketing, and are metrics-driven. As engineers, we build an engineering environment that is scalable and easy to work with, continuously improving our tools and processes for development, release, testing, monitoring, et al.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, Next.js, and styled-components
- Consume our internal Python and Kotlin APIs
- Own full lifecycle, from ideation and discovery through deployment and support
- Envision and build scalable, reusable components that improve both user and dev experience
- Be an enthusiastic and invested partner with the design and product leads
- Promote clean code through continuous refactoring while developing features
- Build and foster a stable, scalable Agile environment
- Create and cultivate a team dynamic of positivity, inclusivity, transparency, learning and trust
- Pair and mob and mentor and grow
- Have a voice that is valued
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Passion for building consumer-facing websites
- Expertise in:
- Industry best practices and web standards
- React, Next.js, Vue or similar JS frameworks
- Passion for:
- Building for scale and performance
- Web accessibility and best practices
- Keeping up to date with the newest tech
- Smart UI and design
- Repurposable code
- An agile mindset that embraces iterative design.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business partners to better understand the problem space.
- Experience delivering products in collaboration with UX, Design, Product and of course other engineering teams.
- Experience owning and taking initiative to tackle problems
- Have contributed to a Design System
- Participate in an Open Source project(s)
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, agile, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Have excellent time-management skills.
- Have curiosity and a desire to continuously expand your skillset.
- Have background in Python, Kotlin, Java or similar
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.