ABOUT THE ROLE
The Demand Forecasting & Insights team at Peloton combines rigorous analysis with a strategic mindset to (i) forecast consumer demand for Peloton’s products, (ii) communicate the forecast and demand trends to stakeholders across the business and (iii) facilitate strategic decision-making to help efficiently grow demand. The team leader reports to Peloton’s Chief Financial Officer and members of the team have regular opportunities to interact with leaders across the C-suite. Our team is full of highly analytical individuals who know how to extract meaning from data and distill that into a clear and actionable narrative for senior leadership. We care deeply about Peloton’s mission, the broader Peloton community, and one another.
This is a new position with primary responsibility for forecasting sales of, and tracking demand for, new products (e.g., Row, Guide). You will also be responsible for performing ad hoc analyses relating to those products and others, depending on the evolving needs of the business and the team. You will report to the Director of Demand Forecasting and be required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across the company.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Own the demand forecast model for new products
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to forecast methodology and accuracy
- Develop a deep understanding of the factors influencing demand for Peloton’s products
- Innovate new ways of measuring and predicting relevant demand drivers
- Collaborate with and serve as a thought-partner to a variety of partner teams including Marketing, FP&A, Supply Chain and Product
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support decisions (e.g., media investment, promotions, pricing, financing and other investments to drive consumer demand)
- Regularly present your forecast updates and demand insights to company leadership (with more focus on the “why” than the “what”)
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 4+ years of top-tier experience. You’ve been a top performer in a consulting, investment banking, strategic finance, FP&A and/or other highly analytical role at a fast-growing company
- Proactive, positive and team-first mentality
- Experience creating accurate and easy-to-understand spreadsheet models
- An innovative, highly organized approach to answering hard questions
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines while staying focused on agreed priorities
- Independently provide creative insights and approaches to doing the job (i.e. without being given step-by-step instructions on where to look or what to do)
- Communication style that combines the narrative with the supporting details in a manner tailored for your audience
- Aptitude for organizing and analyzing very large data sets
- Relationship-building skills that enable effective collaboration with colleagues across the company
- NYC-based applicants preferred, but willing to consider truly exceptional candidates who can excel in the role remotely
Base Salary: $138,800.00 to $180,400.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.