ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Senior Product Designer to help create simple, elegant, and intuitive experiences on our Digital Apps (iOS, Android, TV Apps, and Web).
Our Senior Product Designers create complex and functionality-dense interfaces across various ecosystems and interaction patterns across different screen sizes. They design in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes. They approach problems with an agile mentality and rapidly iterate on both the UI and UX of the projects.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll partner closely with content designers, product managers, user researchers, engineers, project managers, and other cross-functional teams to bring features to life across our Digital Apps requiring you to work in an agile development process.
Successful candidates are self-motivated, strategic, highly collaborative, proactive project owners, readily open to feedback and critique. They value the success of the team over their individual progress, and are often taking leadership over delivering outcomes.
Note: Please ensure you include a link to a live portfolio or a downloadable PDF of work samples in your application. It’ll be our first introduction to your user-centered product design experience and visual/interaction design skills.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Create UX and UI for a range of projects across multiple strategic App workstreams, designing end-to-end experiences for our most complex feature sets.
- Work in close partnership with Content Designer and the Product Manager on your workstream to fulfill product initiatives.
- Create detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc., communicating UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Prototype user experiences and work with UX Research to coordinate and run tests with end users.
- Manage priorities and tradeoffs by quickly iterating on designs based on feedback from peers or from learnings found in user testing
- Work in collaboration with the design systems team to ensure your work is consistent within Peloton’s cross-platform UI, while continually working to enhance and expand the system.
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic for engineering teams to build out.
- Design with engineering implementation and cross-platform consistency in mind.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion.
- Execute UI from exploration/concept to final “pixel perfect” hand-off to dev .
- QA developed software for visual accuracy, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions until product launch.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Has 4+ Years of Software product Design experience at consumer-focused technology Companies.
- Comfortable working with ambiguous requirements and ability to quickly adapt and flex on direction of projects.
- Proven record of bringing features to life from conception to production in a compressed time frame.
- Highly attentive to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Iterative approach to product design, ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Cognitive awareness of wider business goals, delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions.
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals.
- Experience working closely with product, analytics, user research and engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Familiarity with the design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross functional platforms - specifically Android, iOS, and web apps.
- Proficient with Figma, Principle and other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working with and contributing to UI design libraries and style guides
- Previously designed for IOS/Android experiences
- Designed experiences on larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
Base Salary: $172,100 - $223,800
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.