ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton mechanical engineers architect and develop Peloton products. You will work collaboratively within a multi-functional team to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. You will team with Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Industrial Design to translate customer needs into fully vetted products. Staff mechanical engineers will join our design-built-test engineering culture to help oversee a mechanical project team or complex electro-mechanical modules within a product. Staff engineers bring experience, and technical knowledge to the organization and help to deliver fitness products. Ideal candidates will exercise problem-solving skills throughout the product life cycle to drive product quality and performance.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Lead Architecture/Design reviews
- Perform detailed design of components for fitness equipment
- Perform engineering analysis on your designs
- Help coordinate prototype builds through our in house model shop
- Write test plans, review test setups and analyze results
- Provide coaching and mentorship for team members
- Use data to drive decision making and milestone readiness on managed projects
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Product Design Engineering
- 8+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer
- Sound engineering fundamentals in statics, dynamics, stress analysis, and material science.
- Experience performing finite element analysis in the development process
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD Package. SolidWorks preferred.
- Ability to assemble effective reports and presentations to communicate
- Familiarity with PLM and an ECN process
- Prototype experience, selecting and sourcing appropriate prototyping methods to build engineering prototypes
- Experience writing test plans or developing engineering confidence tests
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teammates and multi-functional partners
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining, and casting
- Experience with metrology/measurement tools
AS A BONUS
- Master’s degree desirable
- Experience with thermal, kinematics, or vibration/noise analysis
- Experience specifying power transmission components, belts, pulleys, bearings etc
- Desire to be hands-on: making, building, modifying, assembling, 3D printing, machining, welding etc
- Experience working with development and manufacturing partners in Asia
- Experience working as a Technical Lead
- Start-up or small company experience
- Specific expertise in fitness or high-volume consumer electronics
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.