ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - a strong front end/back end developer - to join our team. You will be working within an agile scrum team and building Device Management features to support every Peloton Connected Fitness Device. You are a hybrid API/web developer who is comfortable moving back and forth between the front and back end.
You are someone who thinks about simplicity and works to provide solutions that reduce the complexity across services. You are team-focused and prioritize collective learning in addition to solving problems. You build collective ownership amongst the team by contributing to code reviews, designs, whiteboarding, and pair-programming.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work on different technologies across API and the Web within an agile development environment
- Responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication with peer engineers, designers, and product managers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Peloton in general. Able to identify common patterns as well as develop and foster development of reusable components and standards across teams
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Peloton
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience building, testing, and scaling out RESTful microservices
- Familiarity with accessing, querying and writing to data stores like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Familiar with deployment toolings/environments such as Kubernetes, Terraform, GitHub Actions, Jenkins etc
- Experience with android development ecosystem or Site Reliability Engineering is a plus
Base Salary: $172,100.00 to $223,800.00
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NY - based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.