ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a talented Senior Manager, Product Design (UX/UI) to build outstanding user experiences for the Peloton music platform. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, empathy for user’s needs, and be able to translate high-level requirements into prototypes that are beautiful, intuitive, and functional. Music is an integral part of Peloton’s content and the music platform is used by a wide range of key stakeholders including our Instructors. Successful candidates are self-motivated, collaborative, proactive project owners, and readily open to input and critique. They quickly output ideas (and are ready to toss out most of them), eager to iterate in an interdisciplinary setting.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Peloton’s existing music platform and ensure any future iterations are completed with reverence for a cohesive experience
- Work in close partnership with the Product Managers to fulfill the overall product/feature vision
- Construct and moderate contextual user research
- Create detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc., communicating UX clearly to relevant teams
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critiques from peers or from findings found in user testing or feature response
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic for engineering teams to build out
- Design with engineering implementation and cross-platform consistency in mind
- Build out multi-version comps for A-B user testing
- Evaluate, test, and iterate on current core experiences
- Iterate quickly and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from takeaways found in user testing or feature response
- Be responsible for implementing the final, pixel-perfect designs, and look and feel of our interfaces
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop your team so they can be the very best at what they do
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years of software product design experience at consumer-focused technology companies
- Strong interface and interaction design skills
- Highly attentive to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge cases
- Strong user experience, testing, research, and information architecture skills
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- An iterative approach to product design, ensuring a unified experience across the board
- Cognitive awareness of wider business goals, delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals
- Familiarity with the design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross-functional platforms - specifically OSX, iOS, and web apps
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop and other design and prototyping tools
- Experience working closely with engineers in an agile product development process
- Experience working with and contributing to UI design libraries and style guides
- An experienced leader, mentor and coach
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.