ABOUT THE ROLE
Our e-commerce software engineers build engaging online shopping experiences to enable Peloton’s customers to find the right product to improve their physical and mental health. We work collaboratively with several departments throughout Peloton, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio to deliver outstanding customer experiences.We are looking for full-stack software engineers who are passionate about building features that delight users, strive for excellence in execution and delivery, are great teammates, and are self-motivated to continue learning and improving our software architecture. You will cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce software while working on an agile team of Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, bug-free, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces as well as build, integrate and evolve key components of our platform.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Full-stack web application development with a variety of languages and technologies across our technical stack (see “Qualifications” for more details).
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability, and internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair/mob programming and leading whiteboarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our PMs, designers, product analysts, and our business partners in other departments.
- Ability to collaborate with both remote and in-person teams.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Software development experience recommended.
- Familiar with observability and monitoring.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute positively in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Are familiar with at least one backend framework like Spring (preferred), Django, Rails, or similar.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Have worked on a system concerned with e-commerce problems like Product Catalogs, Carts, Orders, or Payments.
- Have familiarity with Git, GitHub, GitLab, or similar version control systems
- Have experience doing code reviews of coworkers’ contributions
- Have experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Are able to take a project from gathering requirements through actual execution and delivery.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business partners to better understand the problem space.
- Have excellent time-management skills.
- Take the initiative to tackle problems.
- Have curiosity and a desire to continuously expand your skillset.
- Understand agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.