Software Engineer, iOS
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team owns the apps that bring Peloton’s workout experience to iOS, tvOS, and watchOS. We build native Swift applications that engage our members who own Peloton hardware as well as those members whose only touchpoint with the brand is via their mobile device or TV. Peloton’s mobile apps are an important and growing focus for the company, as they provide an easy way for new users to engage with Peloton’s high-quality content at a greater range of price points.
In this role, you will work with the team that builds features for the Peloton iOS, tvOS, and watchOS applications. You will also work with our Product, Design, and backend teams to identify and inform the platform elements required to support client-side features.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work with frameworks and technologies like SwiftUI, RxSwift, CoreBluetooth, HealthKit, CoreLocation, CoreMotion, AVFoundation, and more
- Lead the development of features across multiple sprints and involving multiple engineers
- Be part of an incredibly supportive team that values feedback, both positive and for career growth
- Work with our cross-functional partners, including Product, Design, API, and QA teams
- Participate in Architecture meetings to help ensure our apps meet the highest quality standards
- Develop features across iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and watchOS apps as needed
- Ownership—be part of a small team that ships an application to a large user base
- Be responsible for iterating on process, technology, and communication throughout your team.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 4+ years of experience developing iOS applications
- Ability to write code that is readable, maintainable, documented, and thoroughly tested.
- Familiarity with UIKit (SwiftUI and Combine are a plus) and Auto Layout.
- An understanding of the concurrency APIs available on Apple’s platforms.
- Significant experience developing integrations with RESTful APIs.
- Experience writing appropriate test coverage with XCTest and XCUITest.
- An understanding of modern architecture patterns like Model-View-View Model (MVVM).
- Experience with Git.
- Experience shipping iOS applications to larger user bases.
- Interest in mentoring junior (and onboarding new) teammates.
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, and UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to evaluate and communicate engineering solutions and trade-offs to teammates and other, potentially non-technical teams.
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
- Knowledge around performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis.
- Familiarity with analytics and experimentation platforms.
Base Salary: $136,300.00 - $177,300.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.