ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Manager, DC Operations will lead with a Safety First mentality. They are responsible for owning their business. They are held accountable to their metric performance and Profit and Loss (P&L) of their building. They work together with other site leadership and the Director, Distribution Operations to lead Distribution Center Team Members, develop their team, problem solve and delight our Members all while upholding Peloton’s Core Values. The Senior Manager, DC Operations will work to keep their team well informed of priorities and initiatives. They will also serve as Leader on Duty ensuring the day-to-day tasks and projects are completed by the team efficiently and safely.
Further, the Senior Manager, DC Operations is accountable for providing high level strategic advice to the Director, Distribution Operations and DC team on business and resource planning, financial sustainability and compliance. Key activities will include working in the Senior Management Team to develop and implement improvements to organizational planning, policies and operational systems; diversify funding sources to improve business sustainability; and implement a new organizational structure that better equips the organization to achieve the goals and aspirations of the Peloton Supply Chain Network. The Senior Manager, DC Operations is a full-time, multi-tasking role in a collaborative team environment.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Cultivate a culture of safety, organization, a clean and organized working environment and uphold Peloton’s Core Values
- Oversee and uphold the standard operating procedures of all day-to-day operations, including all functions in this multi-use facility (DC, Refurb, Special Projects, CFU Shipping, Small Parcel operations etc)
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and business initiatives within the DC with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Hire, train and supervise all team members
- Regularly review data to solve day to day operation challenges and lead the team to meet or exceed KPIs and company goals
- Oversee inventory management ensuring inventory levels meet fulfillment needs and identifies and rectifies inventory control challenges
- Drive effective change management to meet business needs with minimal team member impact
- Build people capabilities through 1:1’s, coaching sessions and feedback that focuses on accountability, development and excellence in the workplace
- Ensure current and accurate inventory for all products both systematically and physically
- Create a safe, positive & developmental environment where team members are valued, developed and supported
- Undertake the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Operations Plan to meet the strategic goals and interests of the Company.
- Provide high level advice on strategic planning and business opportunities, risk management and continuous quality improvement.
- Work in the Senior Management Team to improve operational systems, processes and policies to support management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organizational planning.
- Broad experience, across functional and operational areas, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining large scale projects.
- Can independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become project-threatening.
- Proactively identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from Director. Determines appropriate corrective actions.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 7+ years leading operations
- 7+ years experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce and transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
- Proven experience managing teams across different levels of expertise
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Experience with lean / six sigma a plus
- Strong organizational, logistical, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Capable of excellent documentation and tracking data, including on electronic devices
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace, specifically with spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Comfortable with managing large teams including full time, part time, and seasonal workers
- Ability to build and lead a highly successful and dedicated team
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.