ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with an accounting and/or finance background, in-depth ERP functional knowledge, and the skills for process design and optimization to join Peloton’s Finance Transformation team. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design and build technology-driven solutions that enable critical initiatives and operational improvements, including the optimization of our current ERP and integrated order-to-cash-systems. In this role, you will collaborate with our Sales, Technology, Operations, PMO and Member Support teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your finance expertise and a process-centric approach to key strategic projects and growth initiatives centered around our sales and after-sales processes.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting and Finance team members and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and develop a deep understanding of Peloton’s financial processes, specifically around the global Order-to-Cash (“OTC”) process including billing, fulfillment, revenue recognition, indirect tax, and associated financial reporting. You will represent finance on cross-functional project teams, working closely with our Sales and Technology teams to implement creative, best-in-class solutions that will support new sales processes and partnerships, improve automation of existing financial processes, and ensure data integrity.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a demonstrable ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a mix of financial accounting knowledge and knowledge of business processes and will use that knowledge to negotiate and drive alignment across the broader Finance and Accounting organization and cross functional partners.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Serve as the Finance Business Analyst on Order to Cash related central initiatives and related system solution implementations, representing accounting, tax and treasury requirements and considerations throughout the end-to-end development, from design through deployment
- Collaborate and partner closely with internal team members on the segment Accounting (Connected Fitness and Subscription revenue), Technical Accounting, Tax, AR and FP&A teams to ensure the design and functionality of our ERP solution (including integrated order-to-cash and service management systems) is driving value and efficiency for the organization
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on order-to-cash financial processes, working to ensure that our systems automate proper billing, revenue recognition, payment reconciliation, and reporting
- Review Functional Specification and design documents to ensure they meet business requirements
- Take an active role in testing for all in-flight projects and releases, build test scenarios, scripts and support end users with all testing phases; help to facilitate UAT with finance end users
- Help with development of relevant training materials, business process flows and SOP’s and support training delivery to relevant Accounting & Finance team members
- Make suggestions and drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical and operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and mitigations are put in place when required
- Develop working relationships with the Finance, IT, Acquisition Engineering, Sales, and Member Support teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Lead the partnerships deal portfolio for finance by collaborating with the technical and operational accounting teams on reviewing deal terms, driving the design forward based on the subsequent requirements, and outlining the process and identifying roles and responsibilities for each deal
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, Subject Matter Expert (“SME”), Process Designer, and Project Manager as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Continuously look to make improvements to our processes and system solution as it relates to our partnerships; orchestrate enhancement projects and support critical initiatives key to Peloton’s overall strategy
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science or related field
- 6-7 years experience of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience and 1-2 years of direct project experience on large-scale systems initiatives or similar
- CPA, MBA and/or equivalent a plus (not required)
- Hands on experience completing a full cycle ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements and post-go live support; NetSuite experience a plus
- Solid understanding of operational accounting concepts, specifically as it relates to the order to cash processes, subscription billing models, and revenue recognition
- Direct experience with Quote-to-Order, Accounting, Financial Reporting, and General Ledger systems, understanding of financial impacts from Order to Cash (OTC) systems
- Experience working in a similar techno-functional role, i.e. product management, agile project/program management or workstream lead
- Clear communicator with keen ability to communicate findings in succinct presentations and to express complex technical and accounting concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level critical thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on creative solutioning to meet business team requirements and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Proven ability to balance multiple, opposing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating thorough attention to detail and adaptability to take on new projects and challenges
Base Salary: $138,800.00 - $180,400.00
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NY - based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.