ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for our next Software Engineer for our Content engineering team. In this role you will build APIs supporting music-related features all the way from class planning by instructors to listening to that music during live workouts on our Bike and Tread.
As a Software Engineer at Peloton, you will work as part of a cross-functional agile team. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to deliver elegant, responsive, and reliable backend services and APIs as we continue to grow our platform and international presence.
You will develop, test, build, ship, and monitor flexible microservices integrated with our platform and third-party partners, to manage the music catalog and provide class planning tools.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Develop and maintain services and APIs to support user-facing features and reduce manual processes
- Write understandable, well-tested code with an eye toward maintainability and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and task breakdown
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, and other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and QA whilst becoming a domain expert in music at Peloton
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ or more years of software development experience
- Knowledge of modern C# and .NET
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, specifically MongoDB
- Fundamentals of a microservice architecture
- Eager to learn industry best practices
- Understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles
- Understanding of testing and CI/CD
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change
- Proficiency in at least one UI framework like Vue (preferred), React, or similar
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with various AWS technologies, especially S3, SQS, and Lambda
- Experience with NServiceBus, RabbitMQ, or other Service Bus technologies
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.