ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. An extraordinary platform unlocks speed of development and learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to increase attention on new features and capabilities. A key to crafting an excellent platform is data-driven insights and understanding where we should focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members. Platform at Peloton is a force-multiplier that enables Peloton to move faster and scale safely with minimal effort. Core to this mission is creation of the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology. We work across an incredible range of technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, and machine learning. We get to apply these to create a platform of products loved by millions of members all over the world. Peloton is looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer with an operations focus to work with teams across the organization to help build and maintain a monitorable, performant, reliable, and highly-scalable deployment platform. We are a growing team of engineers solving exciting problems to handle thousands of nodes and pods spread across many deployments.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Automatic, fast auto scaling for live rides and special large events
- Host a critical infrastructure that ensures that our members have the best experience possible on tens of thousands of pods across multiple clusters
- Provide a platform for machine learning (and other exciting workloads) Allow developers to move quickly and experiment, without getting in the way
- Promote standard processes for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as domain expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks.
- Conduct timely post-mortems of infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges during hyper-growth
- Mentor engineers on standard methodologies and work across teams to help build longer-term roadmaps and build our technical vision.
- Work with Amazon Web Services, Chef, Python, Ubuntu, Nginx, Jenkins, and Terraform
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Experience maintaining scalable and stable Kubernetes clusters.
- Knowledge of standard processes when it comes to the observability and monitoring required of running Kubernetes at scale.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies in regards to securing a Kubernetes cluster and its deployments at scale
- A passion for helping development teams make the transition to a container-native world
- Experience with CI/CD Systems such as for example: Jenkins, ArgoCD, Harness, Tekton, etc.
- Experience deployment infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code utilities such as Terraform or Pulumi
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a deep sense of ownership
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Golang, Java, C
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, and other developers. You are intrigued by bringing the ideas of Martin Fowler and others to reality at-scale
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.