ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Category Manager, Electronics is the domain expert in the electronics commodities space for Peloton Interactive, including semiconductors, passives, power sources, and other specialized technologies including audio, sensors, and displays. They will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. This senior-level role will be responsible for developing new supplier and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Act as the sourcing leader in the electronics commodities space.
- Develop strategic roadmaps linking to their relevant commodities, which include scanning and developing new suppliers for potential incorporation into new/existing products.
- Drive sophisticated sourcing efforts across key electronics areas, partnering closely with software, system, electrical, and other key engineering & technology fields.
- Provide strong technical direction within the specific commodities, by evaluating and guiding product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop & execute commercial agreements & contracts to properly reflect the expectations of project, which include fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, etc.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Own the supplier performance management of their respective commodities, which includes key delivery, quality, cost, and innovation metrics.
- Act as the primary escalation for their respective commodity
- Own the interface to and lead engagement with suppliers for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 6+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Previous experience collaborating with Asian ODM/JDM/EMS.
- Strategic problem solver, experienced putting together commodities strategy/roadmap with key engineering partners.
- Significant background with EE component demand-supply cycles with varied approaches in partnering with suppliers to ensure high demand-supply alignment in a volatile environment.
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Education and/or equivalent work experience in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or another related technical degree Advanced technical degree strongly preferred
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.