ABOUT THE ROLE
The Product Software Digital group is responsible for the software that powers our mobile, web, and TV experiences at Peloton. The Android App team supports our mobile application across the Google Play and Amazon storefronts with 1M+ downloads. The team builds and maintains core features that drive growth and creates new, innovative features to keep our members highly engaged.
We are looking for motivated and proactive engineering managers with a strong technical background, experience leading engineering teams, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
We are a distributed team and the location is flexible between our NY HQ and remotely across the US. You’ll manage engineers across different locations, and collaborate with leaders across Peloton to deliver the highest quality for our app.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Lead a team of engineers that will be responsible for our Android mobile and TV application.
- Own your team's deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, performant features that delight our users.
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Define clear success metrics for the team as a whole and for team members individually
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Closely collaborate with PMs and Design in order to translate product requirements into technical designs, which are then turned into engineering roadmaps.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 6+ years of Android development experience
- 2+ years experience managing or tech-leading a software engineering team
- You have experience leading engineers at all levels and you're skilled at coaching and guiding your direct reports through their career development.
- You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation
- Understanding feature request requirements, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience hiring talented engineers at various levels
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.