ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, hands-on, high-potential financial professional to join our growing, evolving Accounting and Finance team at Peloton. This position will be a key member of the financial leadership team reporting to the SVP, Chief Accounting Officer (CAO). This person will manage/lead a group of 20+ accounting professionals responsible for the accounting of all revenue streams, and related inventory and cost of goods/services sold.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative, team-oriented, mentor/leader who will be responsible for managing the design and execution of scalable and dynamic policies, processes, and systems that address risk management and efficient transaction processing while ensuring accounting is in accordance with US GAAP. We need a collaborative, nimble, agile, humble, high-potential accounting professional who has a pragmatic approach that can drive change and has the desire/ability to expand not only the scope of the position but, with time, be promotable to another high-potential visible role within the company.
The Vice President will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills as they work as an effective financial business partner across the organization. This position, which will be located at Peloton HQ in New York City, will be a critical addition to the CAO team as this person will be expected to work closely to help drive the vision, strategy, and culture of the group. The VP will work on multiple projects and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Vice President will also be involved in other Accounting/Finance activities and special projects as needed. Primary responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee, manage, lead and add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding segment/business unit revenue reporting, cost of goods sold, gross margin as well as inventory valuation/control for the connected fitness and subscriptions segments. Understand, evaluate and improve the design, implementation, and execution of scalable and effective systems and processes.
- Partner closely with various operational functions, ensuring that business needs are met while ensuring efficiency and accuracy of accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Leverage experience and knowledge to assist with the design, implementation, and execution of scalable, efficient, and GAAP-compliant processes and related systems. Help lead, manage, and drive an ERP implementation with the CAO and other stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects of the month-end close process as it pertains to segment reporting, revenue recognition, and gross margin. Work closely with the FP&A team and other groups in providing key information and metrics.
- Ensure strong internal controls and make recommendations to improve financial operations to drive best practices. Ensure compliance with SOX as well as other financial pronouncements/disclosures.
- Act as a key team leader to foster growth and innovation mindset and continuously work to build, lead and mentor a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Anticipate changes required in order to continue to support the business with efficient and scalable processes.
- As a key operational finance leader in the accounting group, proactively participate in the overall leadership/management of the accounting and finance department.
- This is a high-visibility position and the position will evolve and expand as the company continues to grow and change. This position will provide additional responsibilities and opportunities for the right candidate.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field.
- Active CPA license in good standing preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience most recently in a similar accounting operations leadership/management position, preferably in a public company. Prior Big 4 experience is highly preferred.
- Prior manufacturing, retail, or distribution experience within a high-growth company is strongly preferred. Experience with inventory, cost of goods sold along with gross margin accounting is essential.
- Systems – experience with ERP implementation, including design and implementation of inventory costing and supply chain processes.
- Strong background/understanding of SAP and NetSuite is highly preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with specialization/experience in revenue recognition and costing.
- Prior Business to Consumer and Business to Business experience.
- Be comfortable and have experience functioning in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with ambiguity and changing priorities. Must be able to be nimble and pivot quickly/easily.
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication and an ability to lead through influence. Someone who is humble leads by example and is a strong collaborator.
- Prior knowledge and experience regarding effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization preferred.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience with driving change through recommending and implementing process improvements for the overall team which drives consistency and standardization of process/procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing,
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; the ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities. Demonstrate strong leadership/mentorship across the Accounting group.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.