ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Senior User Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our pre-membership touchpoints, specifically the e-commerce experience. This Senior User Researcher will collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts, and Engineers to enhance the quality of acquisition experiences in meaningful ways. They will use qualitative and/or quantitative research to strategize and improve features and experiences developed by e-commerce teams. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about user research, has research subject matter expertise, and can lead multi-phased research studies across various acquisition workstreams. Outside of prior user research expertise, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated, super organized, open to feedback, a great presenter, and collaborative. This role will work across Peloton e-commerce teams and will report to the Senior Manager, User Research.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
● Evolve our process for organizing user research and testing across multiple e-commerce teams and User Researchers, ensuring appropriate prioritization of projects as well as crafting and leading short- and long-term research plans.
● Collaborate directly with Researchers, Product Designers, Content Designers, Product Managers, Data Analysts and Engineers to define and align on research objectives and methodologies.
● Build, lead and execute multiple simultaneous research plans, choosing efficient methodologies (qualitative and/or quantitative) to answer Product and UX research questions that produce new actionable insights.
● Own research roadmaps and cross-functional relationships for multiple e-commerce product areas as well as connect the dots across studies.
● Approach research studies with a proactive mindset (e.g., scaling insights for other teammates/projects, improving templates for research and readouts, etc.).
● Identify moments to mentor researchers with the chance to lead researchers as appropriate.
● Work closely with Research Coordinators to define recruitment strategy, handle logistics and scheduling, and incentivize participants.
● Regularly conduct discovery (user interviews, diary studies, surveys), tactical (e.g. iterative usability studies), and evaluative research (e.g., usability studies, concept evaluations, benchmarking, heuristic evaluations) on Peloton acquisition products, to identify pain points and ensure that the current experience is constantly improving.
● Regularly use UX research platforms to recruit participants and program, launch, and analyze results.
● Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements, including actively ensuring your insights are embedded in current in-flight research that you may not own.
● Help to formulate and scale research documentation to better understand prospect-specific user behavior. Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
WHAT YOU BRING TO PELOTON
● Master of both qualitative and quantitative techniques
● 5+ years of user research experience, ideally at a product company
● Analyze and synthesize research and testing data, and report it in a concise and actionable way
● Develop processes to organize work across multiple people and teams
● Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
● Versed in remote and in-person user research methodologies
● Communicate and utilize storytelling effectively
● Eager to explore new methodologies and teach others
● Thrive on managing multiple priorities and executing projects
● Work collaboratively in a team environment
● Demonstrate initiative by acting as a self-starter; operate autonomously and also accepts support
and mentorship that is offered while proactively seeking it when needed
● Operate with attention to detail
● Preferred Qualification: Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.