Peloton is looking for a Senior Director of Platform to establish a vision, mission, and strategy for the Platform Engineering Organization. This candidate will be leading the Core Engineering (Compute and DB), Data Platform, User/Identity and Developer Infrastructure teams. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, and should be eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- You will be responsible for growing and managing a geographically diverse team with the goal of leading a world class infrastructure and operations function focused on availability, scale, optimization, and security
- Develop strategic and subsequent tactical roadmaps specific to cloud (Compute and DB), Data Platform, User Identity management, and developer infrastructure engineering and operations
- Define, implement, and automate Infrastructure Engineering responsibilities, including public cloud account provisioning, infrastructures as code landing zones, configuration management, image management and asset management including tagging structure
- Define, implement, and automate Cloud Operations responsibilities, including operational health, lifecycle management, patch management, availability & continuity, and incident response
- You will be accountable for driving our organization to achieve and maintain 99.95% uptime
- Formalize SDLC processes for monolith, including the maturity of CI/CD pipelines and regression testing
- Enable successful operations through a comprehensive set of alerting, self-healing and response, including utilizing cloud native tools as part of 24x7 support for production workloads
- Define, implement, and automate Data Platform Engineering responsibilities, including data lakes, golden path pipelines for Bronze, Silver and Golden data sets
- Develop cross functional relationships with cloud architects, application owners, product engineers, information security and finance to ensure cloud infrastructure is built for the purpose, secure, available and cost effective
- Maintain a deep knowledge of industry best practices, evolving trends, and technologies
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 10-15+ years in a leadership capacity around cloud infrastructure, high availability systems, Data Platforms and Developer Infrastructure including CI/CD.
- Technology leader with experience attracting senior technical talent.
- Experience partnering with business and product teams to architect and strategize technology and platform road map
- Ability to lead an organization with data-driven business results in mind.
- Experience setting long term vision and strategy with ability to establish department-wide goals.
- Clear and persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses and data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of the level of data comprehension.
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile at scale.
Base Salary: $287,000.00 to $373,100.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.