ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is the most loved brand in the home fitness space. Peloton offers a connected and socially engaging workout experience to help our members get stronger.
Peloton’s mission is built on four guiding principles namely; Anywhere Anytime, Accessible to all, Motivation that moves you, Connected & Social. We are looking for a strong engineering leader that can lead our core engineering team responsible for owning all the cloud infrastructure that powers all Peloton experiences serving millions of members.
This role is highly visible and will be responsible for leading teams that own the Compute, Site Reliability, Database Engineering and delivering infrastructure as code. This individual is responsible for all the critical infrastructure areas that run the software business at Peloton.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 12+ years of experience with system design, algorithms, site reliability, and software design.
- Experience building and leading technical teams of software and operational engineers on customer-facing products.
- Has a 24x7 mindset to ensure the platform is available to run the business.
- Has worked as an engineer for several years before transitioning to managing teams in the infrastructure space.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience at a high-tech company with a reputation for driving cutting-edge products.
- Experience in leading teams that deliver infrastructure as code at a high scale.
- Ability to recruit and develop technical talent and to inspire and motivate multiple engineering teams to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit.
- Innovative thinking, collaboration skills, and comfortable solving ambiguous problems.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Proficient in leading teams to deliver cloud computing infrastructure areas; Kubernetes, Containers, Cloud provisioning, AWS, Data Storage, Cloud Databases, API Gateways, Service Mesh.
- Experience on 3rd party Industry tools for Ops ( some examples: Product/Infra Tools, Visibility tools, Tools for On-call/On-duty coordination, Alerting tools such as stackstrom, sensu, datadog, etc).
- Experience with data backups, recovery, cloud security and business continuity.
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile at scale.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.