ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for an intellectually curious, forward-thinking, adaptable, collaborative Senior Site Reliability Engineer with diverse skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment.
The Music Platform and Content Business Solutions Group is responsible for ingesting millions of music tracks, managing class video content, and designing, building, and supporting a suite of music and content management applications that Peloton instructors and production techs use daily. You will have a chance to impact multiple teams at the core of our state-of-the-art content infrastructure.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer , you will work with a broad group of teams to design, implement, and support technology solutions that enable business units to evolve. The ideal candidate knows how to strike a balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk and can operate effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment. The successful candidate will excel in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills while having competence across a broad scope of technical fields such as software, hardware, cloud, and networking. You must have security and idempotency as a default mindset and as a facet of all designs and operations.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Own and operate critical systems like AWS / Kubernetes clusters / Terraform / Data Pipeline / Automation tool / Data Lake / Atlas MongoDB
- Troubleshooting the error and anomaly across different systems like Linux / AWS / Kubernetes
- Help design and build scalable, secure, and reliable systems and applications using best-in-class technologies and platforms.
- Build automation tools and push best practices to the whole organization
- Leverage Terraform/Terragrunt/Atlantis to build the best infrastructure as code workflow
- External vendor engineering oversight
- Cross-team problem-solving, definition
- Support Kubernetes applications and data infrastructure services
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years of technical experience with Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure as code: Terraform / Terragrunt / Atlantis
- 3+ years of experience with system troubleshooting across Linux / AWS / Kubernetes, especially in networking/security areas
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes / Docker
- Proven understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with noSQL databases / Atlas MongoDB / Redshift / Data pipeline / Data Lake is a plus
- Experience with observability tooling like Datadog / Prometheus / Splunk is a plus
- Experience with AWS AMI is a plus
- Judicious ticket-writing skills (JIRA)
- Crystal clear technical communication across non-technical and engineering teams, from interns to leadership
- Passion for teamwork and helping people get things done
Base Salary: $199,200.00 to $258,800.00 This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NY - based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.