At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. An extraordinary platform unlocks speed of development and learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to enhance attention on new features and capabilities. A key to crafting an excellent platform is data-driven insights and understanding where we should focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members. Platform at Peloton is a force-multiplier that enables Peloton to move faster and scale safely with minimal effort. Core to this mission is creation of the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology. We work across an incredible range of technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, and machine learning. We get to apply these to create a platform of products loved by millions of members all over the world. Peloton is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to create the tooling and services which simplify the creation and management of infrastructure to enable engineers to move quickly and independently. We are a growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems scaling to handle thousands of infrastructure changes per day to support millions of engaged Peloton members. Software and systems engineers with experience in system automation, self-service developer tooling and infrastructure-as-code are encouraged to apply for this position.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly scalable and reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks
- Conduct retrospectives of infrastructure incidents
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate for modern solutions
- Work with Terraform, Amazon Web Services, Golang, Python, Github Actions
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges
- Actively engage in technical discussions, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement
- Experience building and operating highly scalable and reliable systems
- Deep experience building products and tools with programming languages like Python, Golang,
Kotlin, Ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices when it comes to the observability and monitoring required to run Platform services at scale
- Experience with CI/CD Systems such as for example: ArgoCD, Harness, Tekton, etc.
- Experience deploying infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code utilities such as Terraform, Cloudformation/CDK, or Pulumi
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, and other developers
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Previous experience working in a multi-region cloud environment
- Contributions to opensource projects within the ecosystem
Base Salary: $171,600.00 to $223,000.00
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the NY - based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.