ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a strategic, collaborative and dynamic compliance professional to join our Safety, Ethics and Compliance team as Senior Manager, Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance. In this role, you will manage compliance requirements for Peloton’s global product safety compliance program and major compliance processes. This leader will also manage Peloton’s regulatory compliance monitoring and advocacy efforts with respect to global product regulatory requirements.
Reporting directly to Peloton’s VP, Safety, Ethics & Compliance, you will identify, recommend, and implement enhancements to Peloton’s internal compliance policies, standards, controls, and training to promote a leading product safety and regulatory compliance program.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Manage day-to-day compliance activities for Peloton’s global product safety compliance program, including internal monitoring, reviews in coordination with cross-functional teams, and reporting.
- Monitor and track emerging regulatory developments in the areas of environmental requirements, chemical regulation (e.g., flame retardants, emerging chemicals, microplastics, etc.), right to repair, hazardous materials safety
- Collaborate with the Quality and Safety Team, Legal, Audit and the business to proactively identify risks and gaps in Peloton’s regulatory compliance framework
- Develop and adapt compliance initiatives to changing regulatory/legal trends
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the effective integration of internal compliance standards and controls within the business
- Develop and implement measures to evaluate the effectiveness of regulatory compliance processes, the maturity of the regulatory compliance program and the completion of business objectives
- Manage regulatory compliance matters and supply chain compliance initiatives, in coordination with other subject matter experts to enhance Peloton’s global regulatory compliance program
- Coordinate with the Safety and Quality Team to manage policies, processes and procedures to ensure that Peloton’s product quality and safety standards are met throughout the product life cycle, including through product development and for existing products and services; and managing all other product safety compliance obligations
- Participate in reporting to senior leadership on our product safety program, and support engagement with regulatory authorities, standard setting bodies and other stakeholders
- Advise on the business impact of emerging product safety laws, regulations and standards on Peloton’s existing products and product pipeline
- Identify risks and gaps in our processes and recommend improvements for enhancing compliance processes and procedures
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and active member in good standing of at least one U.S. state bar.
- 7+ years of experience as a practicing licensed lawyer, with at least 4 years of relevant compliance and product safety experience, with significant experience managing business compliance processes relating to product safety and or product regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to provide business guidance and solutions in compliance and product safety-related matters
- Program leadership experience in a regulatory, compliance, or legal role
- Demonstrated track record of successfully advising on ethics and compliance matters at senior levels, together with expertise in current and emerging legal and regulatory requirements
- Proven experience leading or building a regulatory compliance monitoring system or program
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.