ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Inventory Accountant to help run and support our International Accounting function. The ideal candidate will have excellent intuition for business, commercial mindset and will be a natural numbers wizard who is able to effectively demonstrate software tools such as Excel to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of their processes. In addition, the candidate has a solid understanding of internal controls, experience working with supply chain teams and experience working with auditors. They are an analytical thinker with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Peloton’s multifaceted business.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Be responsible for FOB & prepaid inventory balance sheet accounts (entries, reconciliations etc)
- Be responsible for accounting for freight and duties charges to the inventory / P&L!
- Be responsible for the book to physical inventory close process – handle the information rec’d from the supply chain team and the calendar for the receipt of this information
- Be responsible for calculation of E&O reserves on a monthly basis
- Be responsible for the calculation of the Warranty Reserve on a monthly basis
- Processing invoices relating to freight and duties through Coupa and reconciling the supplier statements as appropriate
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including understanding of required upstream internal controls over financial reporting
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations
- Analyze financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Be responsible for monthly VAT returns across multiple geographies (UK/DE/AU/IE)
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation, and communication of companywide KPI’s
- Respond to and assist with external audit requests
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s or higher degree
- ACCA / CIMA qualified candidate strongly preferred
- Accounting experience ideally involving some time working with inventory
- Strong analytical and Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets and communicating concise summaries and conclusions.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth, ever evolving organization.
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system, ideally Netsuite
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven track record to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a challenging environment and an ability to continually learn and develop, prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.