ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support Peloton’s Inventory Accounting team! This person will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for a variety of Cost of Goods Sold expenses. This candidate will challenge the status quo in order to develop and implement standard methodologies within our Accounting and Financial Reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent eye for business, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. This person is an analytical problem solver who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment!
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including daily interaction with internal business partners and external auditors
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet the requirements of both internal and external auditors
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching standard methodologies in the industry
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, Legal, Supply Chain and Strategy
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting experience - Public Accounting experience preferred
- Education and/or comparable professional experience in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail, and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Great teammate with a strong work ethic
- Tech-savvy and MS Excel superuser; comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with various systems, including but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, Concur, and BlackLine
- Experience supervising one or more staff for 1+ years strongly preferred
Base Salary: $86,600.00 to $115,200.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.