Senior Software Engineer, Backend
ABOUT THE ROLE
The cloud teams at Peloton help power experiences across our Product portfolio, including our Bike, Tread, and Strength lines, as well as our Digital applications. We enable our members to discover and take live and on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciplines, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more.
We’re looking for strong, passionate senior software engineers to join us in our quest to improve these experiences and build entirely new ones, while scaling our architecture to support many more millions of members.
At Peloton, intelligent and motivated engineers can have a tremendous impact on what we create and how we create it. Help us build the future of fitness!
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Enhance and operate business-critical APIs and services with a focus on high availability, low latency, security and scalability
- Propose, experiment, and implement solutions to scale services while meeting business and product requirements. Leverage production monitoring/profiling/tracing and load testing tools to discover bottlenecks and using techniques such as data modeling, query optimization, and caching to address the bottlenecks
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and crossfunctinoally within Peloton. Able to identify common patterns as well as develop and foster development of reusable components and standards across teams
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Peloton
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Use industry-standard, cloud-native tech, which means easily transferable skills
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 6+ years of experience developing high-performance, highly scalable backend cloud application systems
- A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team that inspires others
- Hands-on experience building, testing, deploying, and monitoring services
- Expertise in Kotlin, Python, or similar languages
- Hands-on experience decomposing monoliths into microservices
- Hands-on experience implementing event-driven architectures
- Experience interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues, and drive cross-functional initiatives
- Experience with both relational (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, Mongo) databases
- Experience with caching systems such as Memache, Redis
- Experience with request processing such as REST, gRPC, or GraphQL
- Familiar with deployment toolings/environments such as Kubernetes, Terraform, GitHub Actions, Jenkins etc
Base Salary: $172,100.00 to $223,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.